Why we love, F#
- Powerful F# allows us to model systems and business logic much more effectively than in many other programming languages. Bug rates in for systems written in F# are generally extremely low, meaning that overall costs for development are much lower than you might be used to.
- Quick to develop in F#'s unique syntax and features allow you to rapidly prototype in it, and then move over to a full production application with the minimum of effort.
- Runs on .NET F# has the full backing of the Microsoft .NET framework, with a rich ecosystem of libraries and tools that can be used immediately with F#.
- Data analysis F#'s unparalleled data manipulation capabilities mean you can use it in a wide variety of situations when working with data, from exploration to "big-data" style analytics.
- Pragmatic Encourages developing systems written in the FP style, but also allows the use of imperative programming if required.
- Cloud ready F# has many excellent libraries for working with cloud systems such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services, as well as a number of excellent general purpose distributed programming frameworks.